What is P-TECH?
South Texas ISD is excited to introduce Pathways in Technology Early College High School (P-TECH) at Science Academy for the 2023-2024 school year. P-TECH is an innovative school model that allows students to receive curriculum focused on workforce needs, and develop partnerships while obtaining credentials, certificates and an earn college credit hours.
Students participating in P-TECH can:
- Earn a high school diploma and a certificate in the area of computer programming & software development at NO COST
- Graduate with up to 56 credit hours transferable to any Texas supported college or university
- Gain work experience through career readiness, job shadowing, internships, or job training programs
Science Academy P-TECH Commitment Form
Once students have applied and are notified of program acceptance, they must take the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) college readiness test. Students will also be asked to participate in summer activities where they receive program orientation, college readiness activities, and TSI test preparation, as needed. Information on testing and other date(s) will be provided with acceptance notification.
P-TECH Blueprint Products
- Benchmark 1: School Design
- Benchmark 2: Target Population
- Benchmark 3: Strategic Alliances
- Benchmark 4: Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
- Benchmark 5: Work-Based Learning
- Benchmark 6: Student Support
Benchmark 1: School Design
Benchmark 2: Target Population
Benchmark 3: Strategic Alliances
Benchmark 4: Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
Benchmark 5: Work-Based Learning
Benchmark 6: Student Support
Want to learn more?
Sign up to access the South Texas ISD Science Academy P-TECH Interest/Information Request Form and a team member will contact you.